Effective Date: 21-March-2013
As a CFA charterholder (also known as, “Chartered Financial Analyst”) John P. Gavin, CFA is recognized as a seasoned and accredited financial analyst who has published investment research and made investment recommendations in the past. However, this site makes no investment recommendations and affirmatively states it is not providing investment advice, in any form, through any means. Further, no investment recommendation, opinion, advice, and/or rating should ever be implied or read into what Mr. Gavin or his guests may say on this site. This applies no matter how much Mr. Gavin may or may not like the guest or any particular innovation and/or entity his guests may represent. In addition, nothing even remotely connected with the Quiet Innovation website should be construed as a solicitation for capital or other investment. Mr. Gavin retains the right to disclose anything that could be deemed a conflict of interest by a reasonable person.
3. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you on a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable basis by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
7. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Please visit our DMCA Policy link at the bottom of the site pages to view our Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown policies and to make a claim of infringement. Company’s DMCA Policy is expressly incorporated into this Agreement by reference.
10. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS-IS, WHERE-IS, AS-AVAILABLE, WITH ALL FAULTS” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU SOLELY ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT OR AGAINST VIRUSES, SPYWARE OR MALWARE THAT MAY BE INSTALLED ON YOUR COMPUTER. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
13. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
15. OUR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2013 North Woods Ventures, LLC; PO Box 47331; Plymouth, MN 55447. All rights reserved. The terms, “Quiet Innovation”, “QI” and “Great ideas hiding in plain sight” are all trademarks owned by North Woods Ventures. Other notices may apply.
18. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the copyrighted material, trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
19. MINNESOTA USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the State of Minnesota. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than Minnesota.
– End –